3C Institute is a Durham-based, double-bottom-line R&D company devoted to creating proven technologies that improve health and well-being on a global scale.
3C Institute seeks an energetic, team-oriented graphic and web designer to help support a wide range of ongoing projects, including online programs and e-learning courses. Examples include developing visual identities, creating graphic assets for use across animation, video, web, games and print, producing wireframes, mockups and designing websites. They must exhibit an understanding of typography, layout, digital illustration, animation, and website layouts to help the team produce the best work possible. The candidate will collaborate with a team of designers, researchers, editors, and web developers to create visually dynamic, intuitive websites, online courses, and print materials including flyers, brochures, and conference exhibit materials. A good working knowledge of WordPress & knowledge of social media platforms is a plus.
Successful candidates will demonstrate each of the following:
- High Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Premiere, InDesign, etc.)
- Portfolio demonstrating strong creative skills and ability to work across all media, with an emphasis on interactive digital programs.
- Has the ability to design for a variety of audiences (children, adolescents, adults, academics)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Organize and maintain digital files and design assets
- Ability to coordinate with multiple departments and external parties to ensure efficient and quality production of all materials
- Works well in a team environment and is a self-starter with a self-managed, proactive work style
- Strong time-management abilities, self-starter
- Attention to detail is a must
- Develop, enhance, and/or modify illustrative/graphic assets
- Utilize creativity and independent thought in carrying out work assignments. Assignments and projects tend to be routine, simple, or moderately complex
- Utilize a variety of methods such as color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques
- Design and implement logos/branding elements across multiple platforms
- Develop and edit marketing collateral
- Create web assets & design deliverables needed for project goals and requirements based on wireframes and mockups
- Experience with WordPress implementation, including applying & customizing of themes as well as editing existing themes
- Some understanding of HTML, CSS, HTML5 and CSS3 coding principles in relation to your design
Education: 4-year degree in graphic design, web design, art and design, or a related discipline; or a combination of education and experience. Strong, comprehensive graphic design portfolio required for application.
Experience: 3 years of professional design experience
Employment type: Full-time, On-site, salaried position
Salary & Benefits: Salary is based on education and experience level. Benefits include:
- Health, Dental, Vision – HSA or PPO option
- 401(k) with matching
- Employee assistance plan (EAP)
- Mental health assistance program
- Three weeks of vacation with immediate accrual
- Additional sick time and holidays
- On-site workout and shower rooms
- Flexible hours
- On-site yoga and Pilates classes
Company Information: 3C Institute offers a collaborative, flexible, and family-friendly work environment with colleagues who value teamwork, self-motivation, and commitment to results. We specialize in the development of research-based tools to foster the health and well-being of children and families.
Application Information: Please send a letter of interest, resume, contact information for three references, salary requirements, and design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should come prepared to discuss their creative and production role for each entry.
Applications without ALL requested materials will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!