The Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) conducts the National Youth Outcomes Initiative (NYOI) Member Survey annually to measure BGCA’s impact on youth outcomes (academic success, good character, healthy lifestyles) and assess club implementation of staff practices. The survey is administered to over 200,000 youth and 10,000 staff.
BGCA selected 3C as a partner to provide survey registration and administration services, data collection and storage, and data cleaning and validation services. This partnership leverages 3C’s Quest platform, specifically designed to increase accessibility of online surveys for the broadest possible set of youth.
Quest features that were appealing to BGCA include:
- Survey layouts that are developmentally appropriate, engaging, easy to use, and intuitive
- Audio capabilities for presented text, including auto-read and replay
- Surveys in both English and Spanish
- The ability to assign survey modules to specific clubs
- A data dashboard to track web survey completion for youth and staff
3C staff worked closely with BGCA staff to design and implement a secure and easy-to-use process for registering clubs and tracking survey completion rates. The process included administering and tracking hard-copy surveys where necessary.