3C Institute is looking for teens who have recently completed substance abuse treatment to test an online coping skills training program for relapse prevention.
To be eligible, teens should:
- be between the ages of 13 and 19
- have been diagnosed with a substance use disorder and recently completed treatment
- have access to a computer and high-speed Internet
As part of this study, teens will be asked to:
- Interact with and review either 3C Institute’s relapse prevention computer program or online substance abuse relapse prevention resources each week for 8 weeks
- Complete online surveys about their coping skills and substance use, which should take about 45 minutes
- Submit an oral swab to LabCorp for toxicology screening
- Complete surveys and oral swabs 2 or 3 times over the course of the study, depending on when they enroll
ALL DATA WILL BE PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL. NO ONE OUTSIDE THE STUDY, NOT EVEN TEENS, PARENTS, OR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS, WILL EVER HAVE ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION.
This study is completed entirely online, so teens can live anywhere in the US.
Teens who complete all parts of the study on time will receive $255 in Amazon gift card codes. Teens asked to do surveys and oral swabs a 3rd time can earn additional gift card codes if those activities are completed.
Parents of teens who are interested in participating can CLICK THIS LINK to complete a survey to see if their teen is eligible.
For more information, contact Kelly Kocher, research assistant, at email@example.com or 919-677-0102 x513.